JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Youth Minister
The Children’s and Youth ministries at New Bethel Baptist Church have thrived since the church was founded 116 years ago. New Bethel has been the church home of educators, social-justice, and political activists who have focused on building a better world for the next generation. As New Bethel has grown, so has the focus on how we might impact our youth. The Youth Minister will be poised to set a vision for children’s and youth engagement that will be relevant, innovative, community oriented and focused on IMPACT. The Youth Minister will also guide a growing team of committed associate ministers and church volunteers to develop sustainable systems and programming for the youth of New Bethel and Washington, DC with the mission of raising disciple leaders.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a heart for youth.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in student ministry.
- Have strong Christian Character and belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a strategic thinker who is able to create and successfully implement new programs.
This is a part-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email at no later than Friday, March 22, 2019:
- Curricula Vitae with cover letter explaining your interest in this position.
- Video or audio recording of recent preaching opportunity.
- Copy of college diploma indicating date and possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher; if current Master’s degree student, a copy of recent college transcript.
To learn more about New Bethel and to view a detailed job description go to www.newbetheldc.org.
No phone calls accepted.